Most manufacturers are switching from 2D to 3D CAD files in today's digital age in order to better their design process and communication with clients and the design team. Designers, customers, and engineers now rely on contemporary 3D CAD modeling tools for everything from websites to quick prototyping.
Solid modeling computer-aided design and engineering software like SOLIDWORKS enables you and your team to quickly turn a creative concept into fantastic goods.
One of the most popular Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on the market is SolidWorks. It is a 2D and 3D parametric modeler that is employed by businesses all around the world.
Many organizations, including but not limited to manufacturers, millwork firms, and house designers, are converting their 2D files to 3D in today's digital environment to speed up the design process.
SolidWorks users can create 3D models by importing AutoCAD sections and 2D data in DWG and DXF formats. Additionally, they can drag and drop drawing segments from a DWG file into SolidWorks.
Manufacturing: Turning designs into products, including machine modules.
Designing: Surface modeling or parametric/direct solid modeling.
Engineering Analysis: Electromagnetic analysis, thermal analysis, fluid analysis and more.
Fast Design Sharing
- With clients, investors, team members, and others, you can remotely share your designs and demos.
- Share designs and data with as many people as you need in real time.
- Send designs via the internet, utilize them in other media, and incorporate them into animations for presentations and demos.
- You can concentrate on managing your business with automation.
- The design process is frequently slowed down by copying existing 3D design patterns. Since SolidWorks CAD modeling has automation built in, it is useful in this situation.
- Automatic dimensioning of 3D CAD models enables speedy transition from the concept stage to the design stage.
- By establishing principles and constraints to develop preexisting designs, create different configurations. This means that you can produce multiple iterations of a concept in the same amount of time that you would typically need to produce only one.
- Create new designs automatically by establishing rules and parameters. Keeping a library of information, parameters, and formulas.
Simple Interference and Calculations Check
- Calculating geometric measurements and forces associated with deflection, motion, part stress, vibration, and other aspects is made easier with the aid of the SolidWorks software.
- You can save time by not having to perform the computations yourself.
- Design correctness is increased since the software checks to make sure the math is proper in accordance with the parameters.
- Changes to extra variables are simple.
- You can check for interference in complex assembly designs thanks to features.
- Explode models to dissect them.
- Imagine the assembling procedure of internal parts.
- Customers and investors can better comprehend component features and properties thanks to visual representations. They also support the creation of proposals.
- Investigate various design techniques and match embedded simulation tools with electrical and mechanical designers. This makes it easier to imagine different "what if" scenarios.
SolidWorks is often a great option if you're working on 3D modeling and manufacturing. Utilizing realistic details to the fullest extent is made possible by SolidWorks 3D rendering, which increases the effectiveness of your operations and final output.